Sing Song Yoga® Teacher Training Level I
learn to teach yoga to groups of kids ages 2-6 and 6-11
- Have you heard about the benefits of yoga for kids?
- Do you thoroughly enjoy children and appreciate their unique perspectives?
- Are you looking for a fun way to interact with children and give them tools for a lifetime?
- Do you enjoy yoga? Do you like singing with kids?
Sing Song Yoga® is an award-winning international kids’ musical yoga program in which song lyrics instruct children how to get into the poses. Its teacher training program is designed to provide trainees with the tools, the knowledge and the experience to teach Sing Song Yoga® classes to children ages 2-11.
By the end of the training you will have had extensive experience planning and teaching Sing Song Yoga® classes and ultimately be certified as a licensed Sing Song Yoga® teacher. In addition to learning how to teach this truly innovative method of using song lyrics as a framework for a unique learning environment, trainees also learn about…
This Single Training comes in Two Parts –
when you sign up for the training both parts are involved
Part One: Live Weekend Training with SSY Founder, Deb Weiss-Gelmi
The Live Weekend Training is designed to provide an extensive foundation so that trainees leave feeling prepared and eager to jump right in and teach their first class…
- you’ll have thoroughly experienced, explored and taught a wide range of SSY poses/songs
- you’ll have created two 5-week Lesson and Session Plans, including structuring the class and managing your young yogis
- you’ll have experienced and have in hand the extensive Sing Song Yoga® Teacher Manual
Part Two: Follow-Up Course Work and Assignments
The Follow-Up Course Work and assignments, will help you grow and strengthen your continuous teaching and ultimately lead to certification and licensing within the comfort of your own community. You’ll have an entire year to complete this portion of the training, however some choose to complete it sooner. This portion of the training will be within a supportive online teaching community in which you can ask questions, explore ideas and seek advice.
The supporting online materials and teacher manual include…
- pose guides and videos
- sequencing guidelines
- teaching materials
- yoga-based activity guides and videos
- classroom management guides
- lesson & session guides and templates
- exclusive support from our private SSY teacher community
- the pdf of the continuously-updated teacher manual
- and more
Once certified, licensed Sing Song Yoga® teachers are eligible…
- to be featured in the Sing Song Yoga® Teacher Directory
- for a professional Sing Song Yoga® Teacher Webpage
- to use the Sing Song Yoga® name and logo
- and more
If you’d like to take this kids’ yoga program from the App & DVD and offer it to the kids and families in your community or school. And if you’re willing to fully dive into the materials and challenge your understanding of children and how we relate with them, being a Sing Song Yoga® teacher might be a good fit for you.
Deb Weiss-Gelmi, Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher, found her roots in teaching children through songs as an elementary school teacher. Her major in child development, her Masters in Literacy K-12, and teaching Sing Song Yoga® in a variety of settings for 11 years has further deepened her understanding of developmentally appropriate practices for children and fuels her passion for relating with children in powerfully unique ways. The learning environment Deb provides encourages children to explore their surroundings and themselves more deeply. Trainees are welcomed into her unique world of children allowing them to experience kids in this way. Deb has 18 years combined experience practicing and teaching yoga to adults and children and is thrilled to pass on her rich knowledge and passion for children and yoga.